- Sunday | June 9, 2019
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Fort DeRussy Park to Kapiolani Park
Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii
Pan-Pacific Festival Parade
June 9, 2019 – 5:00-7:00 PM
Please join the Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii as the Pan-Pacific Festival culminates the evening of June 9 in the Pan-Pacific Parade from Fort DeRussy to Kapiolani Park. The Hongwanji Ohana will be humbly walking to celebrate our 130th Anniversary in Hawaii and to promote Peace Day Hawaii (which is September 21st. To emphasize our “Walk in Peace” 2019 theme, we will carry origami peace cranes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Primary way to sign-up is through your local temple (see the Temple Locator on the HHMH website).
- Temples can collect names of those who want to participate and turn in a single RSVP form from the temple to Peace Day Committee Chair Rene Mansho, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2019. Temple/Unit RSVP Form
- Banners can be made for those temples that need one.
- Meeting time at Fort DeRussy is at 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 9, one hour before the parade begins.
- HHMH will have an open-air trolley for those who wish to ride instead of walk.
- Wear your temple shirt or Hongwanji Peace Day t-shirt. Or other peace-related message.
- You are encouraged to bring origami peace cranes on bamboo sticks (display only; we cannot distribute cranes to onlookers as we do in the MLK Parade).
- Members, friends, partner organizations are all welcome to join with the Hongwanji Ohana in the parade.