- Monday | January 15, 2018
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Magic Island to Kapiolani Park
2014 photo courtesy Ruth Tokumi.
The Buddhist Women’s Association invites all temple members and friends to march with us in the Martin Luther King, Jr. parade on Monday, January 15, 2018.
- March from Magic Island to Kapiolani Park (2 miles).
- Meet as early as 7:30 am, by the restrooms near Ala Moana Beach Park.
- Wear your BWA shirt, temple shirt, or organization shirt (purple if can).
- Please bring your own water — we’re going green!
- We will distribute cranes; if you have any, please bring them!
Let’s be a huge presence this year. The Jr. YBA will join us!! Temple members, Dharma school students and parents, friends… everyone welcomed!!
“It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.”
Martin Luther King, Jr. from A Christmas Sermon on Peace 1967