- Saturday | September 17, 2022
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- The two talk stories are on Zoom, the workshop is at Community of Christ Church
A Free Speaker Series and Workshop about Suicide Prevention and Hope
Do you or someone you know have the Pandemic Blues? Or are you or someone you know contemplating suicide? These workshops are for you.
Join us for interfaith discussions about suicide awareness, resources, and hope. “Embracing Hope” is live. FREE to the public. All are welcome.
Register online today at:
Talk Story: Hope for Communities
Sat. Sept. 17, 2022, 10 am HST, Zoom
For parents, community and faith leaders:
- Jeanelle Sugimoto-Matsuda, DrPH of the Prevent Suicide Hawai’i Task Force;
- Ernestine Enomoto, mindfulness practitioner and dharma teacher; and
- Chad Starr, a suicide loss survivor, addressing parent-child relationships
Talk Story: Hope for Youth
Sat. Oct. 15, 2022, 10 am HST, Zoom
For high school and college students:
- Deborah Goebert, DrPH of the Pr event Suicide Hawai’i Task Force;
- Candice Biernesser, PhD, LCSW of the University of Pittsburgh; and
- Chad Starr, whose 12-year old daughter died by suicide
Workshop: Embracing Strengths
Sat. Oct. 22, 2022, 10 am HST, Honolulu
For high school students:
Attend “Sources of Strength,” an interactive suicide prevention program. Learn about safe messaging strategies, protective factors, and tapping into sources of strength, including when to support others. Led by Deborah Goebert, DrPH of the Prevent Suicide Hawai’i Task Force.
Held at Community of Christ Church, 2319 Rose St., Honolulu. Face masks recommended.
Register for all three events at:
BDK Hawaii, Honpa Hongwanji Mission of Hawaii, Samaritan Counseling Center Hawaii, Prevent Suicide Hawaii Task Force